Ruhrmoderne Summer Academy (RMSA) Opening of the exhibition Marschall 66 on Friday 19 May 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in a former school on Kampstraße in the city of Marl.
This week our students have been hard at work on the temporary exhibition space Marschall 66 and on the exhibits.summer academy participants will guide visitors around the building and show the work:
- University of Kassel (supervisor: Philipp Oswalt)
- MSA | Münster School of Architecture (supervisor: Joachim Schultz-Granberg)
- TU Dortmund – Raumplanung (supervisor: Yasemin Utku)
- Hans-Böckler-Berufskolleg Marl (supervisor: Frauke Arnold)
- University of Cologne (supervisor: Pia Janssen)
- Academy of Media Arts Cologne (supervisor: Mischa Kuball)
Marschall 66 is a study centre and exhibition venue situated in the currently still vacant school on Kampstraße in the city of Marl. The site is named after architect Günther Marschall, designer of numerous post-war public buildings throughout Germany, and references the school’s year of construction. Marschall 66 hosts cultural projects and events around the themes of architecture, sculpture, art and urban design. RMSA is activating the school and preparing it for the future.
The academy takes place from 14–20 May 2017 and from 23– 29 July 2017 at the former school on Marl’s Kampstraße.